Click here for more information on where New York City public school students complete their summer school work remotely
Click here to access information about iLearn NYC Learning Platform!
Summer School 2020 from NYC DOE
In continued adherence to federal, State, and City health guidelines, we are adapting our summer school model for summer 2020. This year, we will offer summer school via remote instruction, allowing us to provide more students than ever before with the academic supports they need and a bridge from this school year to the next.
In addition to receiving academic instruction, students participating in these summer school programs will also have opportunities to go on self-paced virtual field trips and engage in daily social-emotional learning activities.
Summer School 2020 will offer remote instruction to the following students:
- Students in grades 3–8 who are:
- not promoted in June and are required to attend summer school.
- promoted in June but are recommended by their teacher for additional academic support in ELA and/or math over the summer.
- Students in grades 9–12 who receive a grade of Course in Progress, or who need to retake a course they have failed in a prior term.
- Students with 12-month Individualized Education Program (IEP) Services.
Dates for Summer School 2020
- Starting June 17: Schools notify families if a student will be promoted to the next grade
- June 17–25, and on the first day of Summer School: Summer school registration opens for non-public school, charter school, new resident, temporary resident, and non-resident students:
- Friday, July 3: Independence Day observed (schools closed)
- Monday, July 6: First instructional day for elementary, middle, and high school students
- Friday, July 31: Eid al- Adha observed (schools closed)
- Tuesday, August 11: Last instructional day for elementary and middle school students
Dates for Summer School 2020 by Grade Level
- Elementary and middle school:
- Monday, July 6 – Tuesday, August 11
Who Must Attend Summer School
Your student’s school will notify you by email in mid- to late-June if your student is required or recommended to participate in Summer School.
Families can view their student’s promotion decision and summer school information by logging into your New York City Schools Account (NYCSA), and students can view their summer school information by signing into TeachHub(Open external link).
Please contact your student’s principal if you have questions about whether your student should attend summer school.
Where to Complete Summer School Work
Starting June 29, 2020 summer school students will complete their work on iLearnNYC, an online learning management system. iLearnNYC can be accessed through TeachHub: