Congratulations to Ms. Andreolas and class 303!
Below please find the winning announcement:
It is our pleasure to announce that you have been selected as a 2017 Specialty Prize winner of the third annual Carton 2 Garden Contest, sponsored by Evergreen Packaging with support from KidsGardening.org. We received an amazing number of exceptional entries this year, but the depth and impact of your project brought your entry to the top of the competition. We are excited to award your program a Speciality Prize Package valued at over $2,500! Keep up the good work!
- STEM Winner– Bethel Elementary School (Midland, North Carolina)
- Sustainability Winner – Coebourn Elementary School (Brookhaven, Pennsylvania)
- Health and Nutrition Winner – PS 135Q The Bellaire School (Queens Village, New York)
You will receive:
- $2,000 cash prize for soil, plants, and other gardening needs
- $500 gift certificate to Gardener’s Supply Company
- Garden Essentials Educational Package
The Carton 2 Garden Contest is focused on helping to facilitate teachable moments through hands-on educational experiences in a garden setting and strives to provide educators with an opportunity to teach students about environmental stewardship, recycling, and re-purposing materials. Your project exemplifies our mission to better care for our planet through upcycling and recycling.
Thank you for your support of the Carton 2 Garden program, and again—
Your friends at Evergreen Packaging and KidsGardening.org